Last updated: Tuesday May 09th 2017
- 250g (2.5 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add the blueberries and water to a pan over a medium heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes until soft
- Use a potato masher to crush the berries into a paste – leave as chunky as you wish!
- Stir in the lemon juice, honey and cinnamon to taste (adding more or less as needed)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds
- Allow to cool before transferring to a bowl, covering and popping in the fridge for 1-2 hours where it will firm up to the consistency of jam. Then enjoy!
Source – Nics Nutrition
Image courtesy – Nics Nutrition